2016-03-02 16:09:19 by Tim
This week we posted an article on Signal Integrity Considerations for PCB stackup design. It covered the basics to consider when looking at PCB stackups. We created a basic checklist from that article to help you in your next stackup design. Here’s a quick checklist.
- Have you verified that you are using a single ground plane for your design?
- Have you kept your impedance low enough to meet your power specifications?
- Have you calculated that your PCB traces are the correct impedance for your design?
- Have you verified that your clock lines have proper termination if required?
- Have you verified your trace to trace spacing is large enough to not cause crosstalk issues in your design?
- Have you created a loss budget based on your PCB materials?
- Have you checked to see if you have via stubs above your resonance frequency?